Group Camp & Family Banquet
Feb 28-Mar 1, 2020, Kitchie Lodge Camp Samac, Oshawa, Ontario
All sections come together for a weekend of fun and fellowship. The weekend camp portion is open to all registered youth of 1st Whitby Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers, Rovers, and to Beaver parent chaperons, and registered volunteers. See full details below.
Family and friends are invited to join the group for a banquet on the Saturday night. There is no charge to attend the banquet which will feature presentations from the sections, awards presentations, a delicious meal, and a camp fire. See the details and registration link below.
- FOR BEAVERS: Arrival Saturday 9:00am – 9:30am, or Saturday morning to Camp Samac, pick-up Sunday 1:30pm, but please come for 11:15 and enjoy the banquet as a family.
- FOR CUBS, SCOUTS, VENTURERS, ROVERS: Arrival Friday 7:00pm, or Saturday morning to Camp Samac, pick-up Sunday 1:30pm.
- Cost is $25 per youth participant and $20 per beaver parent chaperon
- Includes indoor accommodation, showers, food and all activity supplies.
- You need to bring personal gear (clothes, mess kit, sleeping bag/blanket). There will be outdoor activities so pack accordingly.
Banquet – Family & Friends Welcome!
Family and friends you are invited to attend 1st Whitby Scouts Banquet on Sunday March 1st at Council Hall, (next to parking), Camp Samac. The banquet is open to all families of 1st Whitby Members (siblings, mom, dad, etc.). Come enjoy dinner, awards presentations, displays, and a campfire with the Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers, Rovers, and volunteers from 1st Whitby Scout Group.
- 11:30 – 11:45 am: Group Presentations
- 11:45 am – Noon: Welcome, O’ Canada, Grace
- Noon – 1:15 pm: Lunch & Cake
- 1:15 – 1:30 pm: Scout Promise, Presentations
There is no charge for the banquet however, we do ask that you register the number of attendees from your family so we can ensure we have enough food prepared. The campfire will take place outside so please bring warm coat, mitts and headwear.